A classic, all-purpose mountaineering piolet for steep snow and non-technical ice.
Redesigned, the Bluebird is our classic do-it-all piolet. Designed, built and refined for steep ice and snow, this forged stainless steel ice axe is the culmination of decades of inspiration and experience. 10% lighter than its predecessor, this beautiful piece of gear will accompany you on countless high mountain adventures, endure limitless abuse, and still be worth placing above your mantle in the future when you are sharing stories with your grandkids.
- Hot forged stainless steel ergonomic head
- Aircraft grade anodized, sandblasted aluminum curved shaft
- Dual-textured grip
- Sliding pommel included
- Pick, adze and spike protectors included
- Weight: 356g (45cm); 368g (49cm) / 383g (54cm) / 404g (60cm)
- Conform to the CE / EN 13 089 ice axes certification
- Forged in France, designed & assembled in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- Ideal uses: Mountaineering, Ski touring